We need a secular constitution that will:
* End the privileged input of religious bodies to policy making and law-making
* Keep all public services free from religious control so that that they remain equally available to all on the same terms
* Abolish the established church and all its privileges (including 26 bishops in the House of Lords)
* Put an end to the divisiveness of publicly funded religious schools by making them open to all without discrimination on grounds of religion, or lack of it, and bringing them under local authority control
* Abolish blasphemy and similar repressive laws, rather than extend them
(Source: National Secular Society)
Now here’s a club worth joining!